Excellence with competitive edge mode possible with constant innovation
Over 42 years Industrial Ceramics helping companies reach
Since 1980 it has been a journey tinged with excitement. When we started more than almost four decades ago we only had enthusiasm to speak for us.Today we have a proud track record. Spread over an area of 1 Acre and manufacturing operations housed in 5 separate manufacturing buildings with dedicated facilities housing the latest equipments and a highly skilled work force of about 50 people.
Some of our manufacturing capabilities include
- Slip casting
- Die Compaction
- Vacuum Extrusion e Tobletting
- Pressure Casting
- Pneumatic and vibratory compaction
- Green machining
- Post firing grinding and lopping
Why should you use Industrial Ceramics Slip Cast Tubes?
The advantages of using our slip cast tubes over extruded tubes (most commonly produced globally):
- Thermocouple Tubes are used to protect the sensing element at very high temperatures.
- The tubes are closed at one end.
- The tube is housed the sensor or temperature sensing element.
- Failure of the ceramic tube can caUse serious damage to the sensor leading to erroneous reading and very obvious losses in manufacturing process.
It is understandable that the joint is a weak spot. Our discussions with the overseas companies in Europe as also with reputed Indian Companies brought to light the fact that very frequently the tubes fail at the joint, sometimes very prematurely. Tubes produced by Industrial Ceramics are slipcast and the complete tube including the closed end is made in one single piece-there is no joint in the tube and hence no inherent weak spots for failure to occur. In high temperature application the cost of Ceramic Tubes is substantially lower than the cost of the sensor. It is hence important that the service life of the tube be as long as possible. Failure of the protecting tube should hence be avoided. Using Industrial Ceramics Slipcast Tubes ensures optimum life of thermocouples.
Most tubes available globally are extruded. The process of manufacturing one end closed tubes by extrusion is as follows
- The tube is first extruded.
- Closed end made separately.
- Extruded tube and closed end joined separately.
Advantages of Slipcast Tubes:
- Uniform and better microstructure.
- Better thermal cycling properties.
- Lesser intrinsic defects than extruded tubes.